First Timers / Studio Policy and Procedures
Studio Policies and Procedures. Please be considerate of your fellow students.
Please download and complete the waiver below before you come to your first class.
Download our Student Waiver (83 KB)
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before class begins.
- Once the teacher enters the yoga room and class begins, you will not be allowed into the room.
- Turn off cell phones and pagers and leave them in the locker room. Never bring them into the class room! No talking on cell phones beyond the front desk.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day before coming to class. Hydration is very important.
- Sign in and print legibly.
- First time students should arrive 20 minutes before class begins.
- Have clean feet and be perfume free.
- Ask questions either before or after class, but not during the class.
- Only bring your mat, water and towel into the yoga room. Leave everything else in the locker room.
- Refrain from talking in the yoga room. Many students use the time before class to quietly meditate and center themselves as they prepare for class.
- Do your very best to stay in the yoga room once class begins. If an emergency requires you to leave, please leave and re-enter between postures.
- You may bring bottled water into class with you – the teacher will indicated the points during class when everyone takes their water breaks.
- Practice stillness between postures.
- Honor the silence of the room by moving quietly.
- Focus on yourself in the mirror.
- Do not talk during class.
- Observe silence after the final savasana – meditation.
- Leave the room quietly. Respect others.
- Fold rental yoga mats in quarters and place under the “rental yoga mat” sign inside yoga room.
- Enjoy the peace and energy you’re taking with you from class, and make up your mind to come back tomorrow!